Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP | Criminal Law Scholarship
Los Angeles criminal defense firm Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP has specialized in securing second chances for clients for over 3 decades. Therefore, it is fitting that we offer a scholarship opportunity open to current or prospective law students who would otherwise be disqualified from other conventional private scholarships.
We are pleased to announce the Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP Criminal Law Scholarship open to eligible current and prospective law students. Application for this unique scholarship is open to candidates with a genuine interest in pursuing a career in criminal law practice due to their first-hand personal experience with the juvenile or criminal justice system, regardless of arrest and/or conviction. Therefore, students with prior MISDEMEANOR criminal or DUI convictions are encouraged to apply. The recipient of this scholarship will receive $1,000.00 toward his or her law school educational expenses.
To be eligible for the Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP Criminal Law Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be currently enrolled at an accredited law school located in the US for the spring 2017 semester.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You must not have a felony conviction.
- You must have a past experience as either a suspect or defendant in a juvenile or adult criminal matter. A pending criminal case or investigation will be a disqualifying factor.
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- Your current college transcripts
- A typed essay of up to 1,000 words describing your past experience with the juvenile or criminal justice system, what you learned, and how it shaped your interest in criminal law practice.
Your application and supporting documents must be received by 5PM (PST) on December 30th, 2016. The student awarded the scholarship will receive notice via email on January 30th, 2017. Please direct all inquiries and completed application materials via email to James Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (310) 312-8227.