Former DUI Prosecutors Now West Los Angeles Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers
If you have been recently arrested In West LA for a DUI, it is imperative that you seek a qualified criminal defense lawyer with experience defending drunk driving charges out of LAX Airport Court. Even if this is your first DUI, or criminal offense for that matter, you face a number of mandatory penalties if convicted that can carry consequences that extend beyond the immediate sentence. Since 1987, the attorneys at Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP have specialized in defending West LA DUI charges both in criminal court and El Segundo’s DMV Drivers Safety Office. With over 70 years of combined criminal and DUI trial experience as former senior prosecutors and board certified criminal law specialists, we have defended thousands of drunk driving cases with an unmatched record of success.
Our DUI Defense Approach
As former drunk driving prosecutors and law enforcement instructors, we have a unique insight and advantage in the area of DUI defense. We know the procedures law enforcement and crime labs must follow in order to preserve the integrity and reliability of evidence. Additionally, we know what evidence prosecutors need to make their cases, as well as how to attack the evidence they do have. Clients who entrust the defense of their DUI cases to us can expect us subpoena the following:
- The arresting police officer to face a thorough cross examination of his/her police report, DUI investigative training and Title 17 compliance at your DMV Admin. Per Se (APS) hearing
- Radio, communication, and dispatch logs
- Dash and body cam video
- Maintenance and calibration records for each breathalyzer instrument used
- Split sample of your chemical specimen (blood/urine split) for independent testing by our forensic toxicology lab
If there is a weakness in the prosecution’s case against you, we will find it.
LAX or Airport Court
If you were arrested in West Los Angeles, your notice to appear likely ordered you to appear at the LAX aka Airport Courthouse for your arraignment hearing. Located at 11701 S. La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles 90045, this court serves as the jurisdictional court for all criminal matters arising out of the “westside” of Los Angeles County. There are 3 independent prosecutorial agencies within the courthouse and the agency which assumes the prosecution of your case is determined by the city you were arrested in and/or the charge level (felony or misdemeanor). The 3 agencies are:
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office – (310) 727-6500
- Prosecutes all felonies committed in West LA and misdemeanors committed in all westside cities with the exception of LA city and Santa Monica
- Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office – (310) 202-3800
- Only prosecutes misdemeanor crimes committed in the city of Los Angeles
- Santa Monica City Attorney’s Office – (310) 725-0960
- Only prosecutes misdemeanor crimes committed in the city of Santa Monica
Why Retain Our West LA Criminal Defense Firm?
Whether you are facing a first offense misdemeanor DUI or a 4th offense felony DUI, you can rest assured that as a client of our firm, you will receive first class legal representation and a genuine commitment to a successful resolution of your case. Unlike many other Los Angeles area DUI defense firms, clients of our firm will be represented by a managing partner, either Paul Takakjian or Stephen Sitkoff, not an inexperienced associate or contract lawyer. Please call us now at (310) 312-8055 for a free no-obligation consultation to review the facts of your case and each of your potential outcomes.
Bel Air, Beverly Crest, Beverly Grove, Beverly Hills, Beverlywood, Brentwood, Century City, Cheviot Hills, Crestview, Culver City, Del Rey, Fairfax District, Ladera Heights, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Mid-Wilshire, Pacific Palisades, Palms, Pico Robertson, Playa Del Rey, Playa Vista, Rancho Park, Santa Monica, Sawtelle, Venice, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles, Westchester, Westwood